Monday, April 23, 2007

Eat me, Drink me (bipolar square root)

02.25am

I leave Johnny’s, it’s time to go home. I close the front door and I start walking, having as company parked cars, street lights and trees.

There’s nothing new around, and as I’m walking, my eyes tend to look down, the sidewalk’s pattern began to absorb all my attention. Thousands of stone cubes beneath my feet, they will also walk me home tonight. White squares reflecting the dim light and black squares holding the shade that balance this rectilineous journey. I can only hear my footsteps, like a clock ticking, hypnotizing me.

I notice some cubes are missing here and there, like if it was some kind of passage to this cubic underworld. But it’s too dark and I cannot see beyond the entrance, I guess I’ll have to go in…

Millions of cubes form this underworld, where each and every one of them plays a different sound, every single sound in the universe can be played, and all you have to do is think it and they’ll play it. All the cubes were the same size, but now they expand and contract as they move around, in harmony with my thoughts.

One tiny cube I’m holding starts growing until it gets bigger than planet Earth, and I’m watching it, like if I was looking from outer space but still having it in my hand, and as I’m looking at my distorted reflection in the cube, it reminded me of Escher holding the sphere, in the reflection I could see a countless number of silvered cubes, and I could hear them play sounds I’ve never heard before, all in a perfect harmony.

If only I had brought my camera…

My left hand instinctively goes into my pocket, I take out my keys and place the blue key in the keyhole.

02.35am

I'm home.

3 comments:

Emmanu Elle said...

Were u caught in the right channel, maybe... =D

Emmanu Elle said...

This is the kind of experience that everyone should have at least once a day to qualify for a living being. If someone asks me, they should rule it as a law ;p

S said...

Well... I wish I had these experiences every single day...
I guess my brain has a mind of it's own.